Rank: Assistant Professor
Position: Engineering Faculty Member
Field: "Energy Design and Efficiency in Buildings and Settlements by Appropriate Software Tools"
Education: BSc, MSc, PhD(Eng)
- Building and Settlements Simulation (TAS, AMBIENS, ECOTECT, ANSYS-CFX, FLUENT)
- Passive systems
- Earth-Contact heat transfer numerical simulation
- Environmental Fluid mechanics
- Explosion and evacuation strategy simulation
- Environmental Quality
- Environmental information dissemination and public awareness
1. Atmospheric Physics
2. Building Energy Efficiency and Audit
3. Atmospheric Pollution Dispersion Simulation
4. Bioclimatic Design and Simulation
5. Environmental Architecture
1. Microclimate Research Study for the Bioclimatic Reformation of the Open Center in Polycentro, Ptolemaida, Eordaia Municipality.
2. Measurements and Simulation in the Assessment of the Bioclimatic Reformation in the Connection Streets between Archeological Monuments in the City of Arta (Parigoritria – Castle), Arta Municipality.
3. Organization of Central System in the Management of air quality in the area of west Macedonia, Environmental Center, Ptolemaida, Greece.
1. Zoras, S. , Tsermentselis, A., Kosmopoulos, P., Dimoudi, A. Evaluation of the application of cool materials in urban spaces: A case study in the center of Florina, Sustainable Cities and Society, 13 223-229, (2014)
2. C. Georgakis, S. Zoras, M. Santamouris, Studying the effect of 'cool' coatings in street urban canyons and its potential as a heat island mitigation technique, Sustainable Cities and Society, 13 20-31, (2014)
3. S. Zoras, Urban Environment Thermal Improvement by the Bioclimatic Simulation of a Populated Open Urban Space in Greece, International Journal of Ambient Energy, Article in Press 2013.
4. Zoras, S. , Dimoudi, A., Kosmopoulos, P., Analysis of conductive temperature variation due to multi-room underground interaction, Energy and Buildings, 55 433-438, (2012).
5. A. Kantzioura, P. Kosmopoulos, S. Zoras. Urban surface temperature and microclimate measurements in Thessaloniki, 44 63–72, (2012), Energy and Buildings.
6. S. Zoras, V. Evagelopoulos, J. Pytharoulis, G. Kallos, The development and validation of a novel based combination operational air quality forecasting system in Greece, 106(3-4), 127-133, (2010), Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics.
7. S. Zoras, A review of building earth-contact heat transfer, Advances in Building Energy Research, 3, 289-314, (2009), INVITED PAPER.
8. S. Zoras, A. G. Triantafyllou, V. Evagelopoulos, Aspects of year-long DOAS and ground station measurements in an urban street canyon nearby industrial pollution sources, Atmospheric Environment, 42, 4293-4303 (2008).
Awards: Brunel University PhD scholarship
email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com